Tennis has been a big part of Shane's life for as long as he can remember. He started playing when he was three and won his first tournament at the age of five. He was highly ranked throughout his junior years which paved the way for a scholarship to John Newcombes tennis academy in the USA. From there he went on to play top level collegiate tennis at a NCAA Div 1 university and then started on the ATP circuit where he acquired a career ending injury, which is when his coaching career begun. Over the last 15 years he has been using his knowledge and business skills to transform The Park Club into one of the leading tennis clubs in West London.
Shane is an incredibly experienced Tennis player with a wide knowledge of the game, garnered from playing with the best whilst travelling through America, Germany and Portugal. Shane has played and beaten some of the best players the world has to offer including Lleyton Hewitt, Bob Bryan, James Blake & Mike Bryan, all of whom have been ranked highly in the world.
Shane also has a wealth of coaching experience. He teaches a wide range of players from first timers to the very best in the game. He has played & coached with John McEnroe, Pat Rafter and John Newcombe to name but a few.
As of 2016 we have over 1000 active tennis members and 21 teams competing in the Middlesex leagues. With around 12 coaches and assistants the programme is still expanding and improving. The Park Club has now become one of the leading tennis clubs in west London.
• ATP world ranking
• ITF junior world ranking
• LTA Senior Performance Coach qualification
• College ITF player to watch award
• NJCAA rookie of the year award
• Collegiate US nationally ranked 1 in single and doubles
• Two national titles with Tyler Junior College
• Big West conferences title champions Boise State University
• Dual All-American award winner
• US televised exhibition match with John McEnroe and Bryan Brothers
Since Shane's coaching career at The Park Club, he has implemented a great deal of opportunities for the club and our members:
• Performance academies for the juniors and brought in a ratings system for all the adults.
• Tennis events calendar which now includes over 20 junior and adult tournaments throughout the year
• An online presence including web page, Facebook, twitter and a tennis newsletter.
• Organised and hosted social events to create a tennis community within the club
• Expanded the coaching team and educated members of the tennis ethos and vison for the club.
• Affiliation with the LTA including the Wimbledon ballot allocation