Our objective is to provide the most supportive and effective workout environment with Personal Training at its centre providing access to a team of highly skilled and personable staff and the very latest equipment available.
Membership includes regular Personal Training sessions.
What is Personal Training Xtra?
Despite our commitment to maintain the highest standards of staff attention and detail, some members may feel they require more frequent support and encouragement. Our clubs are therefore able to offer Personal Training Xtra in accordance with the terms and conditions below.
Do I need Personal Training Xtra?
Firstly, all members are encouraged to benefit from the Personal Training services that are inclusive of their membership. The majority of members will consider the inclusive Personal Training service provided to be sufficient for their needs. However, you may feel you need more in the way of motivation or guidance to help you achieve your goals or to train for something specific. If this is the case Personal Training Xtra may offer what you are looking for.
What are the benefits of Personal Training Xtra?
More regular Personal Training sessions can offer a guaranteed, personal, uninterrupted schedule of appointments at a time convenient to you and should provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved motivation
- Enhanced continuity
- Constant encouragement
- Greater direction
- Continual guidance
- Swifter progression
Personal Training Xtra is available to any club member whose membership entitles them to use the gymnasium.
How often should I have Personal Training Xtra sessions?
This is entirely up to you and is dependant on your needs and goals. You may feel that once a week or fortnight is sufficient to supplement your inclusive sessions. If you feel that the one – to – one nature of Personal Training is the only way to adhere to regular exercise, then this will be the determining factor.
Terms and Conditions
Personal training Xtra session rates are available in single and discounted block bookings. Please consult the personal training Xtra notice board or a member of the personal training team for details. Payment for all appointments must be in advance and directly to the Personal Trainer. Cash and cheques are accepted but we regret we are unable to accept credit/debit cards.
24 hours notice must be provided if you wish to cancel an appointment. Failure to do so will result in the full fee being charged.
All of our gymnasium staff provide Personal Training and Personal Training Xtra Services. Through the club’s inclusive service you will meet at least one member of the team.
Ali Jamal Ahmed
- Personal Training & Sports Massage Therapy Diploma
- Metabolic Testing
- Level 2 ECB coaching/first aid ECB qualified
- BTEC National Diploma in Sports Exercise and Science
- Cholesterol testing
I am a very enthusiastic, determined and self-motivated individual willing to challenge myself at all levels.
I studied Sports Science and Nutrition at university and then moved onto doing a diploma in Personal Training and Sports Massage Therapy for one year. I achieved one of many goals when becoming a fully qualified Personal Trainer and Sports Massage Therapist. Sports and Fitness are my passion. I enjoy playing and watching all kinds of sports especially cricket, football, boxing and rugby.
If you are looking to improve your fitness levels, would like to have an active workout and feel good within yourself then there is no need to wait any longer. Come along and book a session with me and I can guarantee that you will be satisfied with your workout. I am 100% committed to achieving my client’s goals.
Key Elements of Personal Training: 1. Motivation 2. Self-Confidence 3. Commitment
“Energy and persistence conquer all things; it does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.”
- CYQ Level 3 Personal Training Award
- Client Lifestyle & Fitness Assessment
- Advanced Gym Instructor
- Nutrition & Weight Management Advice
- Training in Different Environments
- ITEC Diploma Level 3 Holistic Massage
- ITEC Diploma Level 3 Sports Massage
- CMA Advanced Deep Tissue Massage
- Trained along side a Professional boxer for the past 3 years
- Trained with Kettlebells for 3 years (under an RKC instructor)
- Competed in Martial Arts
* Functional Training * Kettlebells * Boxing * Weight Loss * Weight Gain * Core Stability *
Motto: “You are not buying sessions; you are buying results” Together we will get the results you want.
Personality: Tireless energy, focused on clients needs, innovative and motivated.
“The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but it’s too low and we reach it”.
- British Triathlon Federation Level 3 Qualified Coach
- BA (Hons) Architecture, Manchester University 1994-99
- Premier Diploma in personal fitness training & sports injuries therapy
- ACSM health and fitness trainer
- Paul CHEK programme design & Core conditioning certificates
- Certified Metabolic profiling tester
- ASA swimming coach qualification
I have now worked as a personal fitness trainer at The Park Club for nearly 10 years, my main focus is triathlon as I have been a competitive Ironman athlete and coach for the past 6 years. Since 2004 I have completed in 5 Ironman competitions. These have included Ironman UK, Austria, Florida, France and most recently I competed at the European Ironman Championships in Germany setting a PB of 10 hours 27mins.
In 2007 I achieved the highest level of triathlon coaching qualification by obtaining my British Triathlon Level 3 Coaching Qualification Certificate. Since then I have launched The Park Club multi-sport series that includes 3 triathlons, 2 duathlons (adults and children events) and The Park Club tough kids aquathlon race series that we now run every year.
I have now trained and coached people at every level from a beginner completing their first triathlon, to training someone to qualify for the World Ironman Championships in Hawaii at their first attempt. I pride myself on being able to inspire everyone I work with no matter your ability. You see coaching is my passion, I want to see you become the best athlete you can possibly be. I hope to do this by educating you and motivating you and helping you find the self-belief that is needed to conquer any challenge.
My philosophy is simple – I believe in consistency, rest and recovery and a positive mental attitude - get these things right and you will be well on your way to achieving amazing success.
- BAWLA gymnasium instructor
- RSA exercise to music studio instructor
- Reebok Spin instructor
- BTS Body Pump studio instructor
- Nutritional Consultant
- 1998 Overall British Natural Body Building Champion (Assoc. of Natural Body builders)
- 2000 Overall British Natural Body Building Champion
- 2003 3rd place (heavy weight) WNBF Universe
- 2008 6th place (heavy weight) WNBF World Finals
- 2009 4th place (light weights) 9th place overall WNBF World Finals
- 2011 6th place (light weights) WNBF World Finals
I am a successful (natural) pro bodybuilder but as a qualified gym and studio instructor who teaches spinning, pump and a range of other aerobic classes I can offer my clients a complete workout solution focussed on their specific targets and goals. I also advise clients on nutrition and lifestyle. I teach Master Classes both nationally and internationally and my skills and charisma have led me to work in the highly competitive arena of TV chat shows and commercials and also as a choreographer.
It is never too late to start changing your life! I didn’t start until I was 30 and like many people who hadn’t used a gym I found it a daunting place. I discovered it isn’t and that I loved it and the results that I achieved. As a natural bodybuilder, my gains and achievements have been through good old fashioned hard work. I know that with dedication, commitment and even a little fun, you can achieve anything!
My love for exercise convinced me to qualify as an instructor so that I could pass on my passion for fitness to others and inspire them to achieve more. Fitness has given my life new goals and with some effort from you I can demystify the gym and help you get the results that you want and deserve which in turn will make you feel better about yourself.
I teach classes and have clients who use my personal training services and still find time to train every day and compete internationally. So what’s your excuse?!
* Note to members. Karen does not form part of the gymnasium team but is available for Personal Training Xtra.
- CYQ Level 3 Personal Trainer
- BSc Sports Sciences
- YMCA Personal Training Assessor
- Specialist Areas: Functional /Sports Specific training for athletes
- Fat Loss, Muscle Gain and Nutritional advice
From the age of 15 years old I have always been very active and interested in sport. As a hobby I was a member of my local Boxing club and spent most of my time within the club learning about different skills, techniques and always testing my fitness levels. I always enjoyed and still enjoy physical and challenging tasks which help to keep me motivated and disciplined to a regular training pattern.
As the years went on I learned quite a lot from my boxing coach and it made me think about my career in the sport and fitness industry. I have worked in the fitness industry for 11 years now and can say that I have gained a lot of knowledge and the skills to help me help others achieve their goals and keep motivated, whether in the gym or with hobbies and activities.
My role as a Personal Trainer is to help others achieve their goals. Without a doubt I will motivate you and keep you in the right frame of mind to you’re your challenge, whatever it may be. I guarantee I will make you fitter, stronger and a more confident person.
“Your goal is my goal”
- ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
- NASM neuromuscular stretch certification
- ISCA boxing certification
- Pre/Post natal certification
- CRP/AED certified
I have been a personal trainer at the park club for a few years now. Previous to that I worked as a personal trainer in New York and Miami for a number of years. I like to keep myself in shape by strength training, running and boxing. My sports background comes from playing basketball at a high level and my ABA boxing experience.
When training with me we will focus on getting results, no matter if your goals are weight loss, bodybuilding, sports performance or injury rehab. We will use the most advanced and innovative ways of training while doing so, keeping the exercise fresh to continuously challenge your body.
"exercise has the ability to improve your mind, body and spirit."
- Nationally Certified by the World Fitness Association USA
- Aerobics Certification by AFAA - (Group Fitness: Aerobics, Body Sculpting, Yoga, Pilates, Cardio Kick-box, Step Aerobics, and Water Fitness)
- Personal Training Certification
- CPR Certified by the American Heart Association
- First Aid and Paediatrics First Aid Certified
- Fitness Nutrition WFA – World Fitness Association
- ACE – American Council on Exercise
- ACSM American College of Sport Medicine
- UK Register of Exercise Professionals: Level 2 in 2008.
Sports become an important part of my life at an early age. I excelled at gymnastics and was entered into a special education class that focused on refining theses skills. Between the ages of nine and eighteen I completed and won at state, regional and national level in Hungary.
Upon graduating high school, I applied for and was accepted into the State Artiste Forming Institution for Dance where I studied modern acrobatic jazz dance. I then became an instructor and taught elementary school children who went on to state level competition.
I went to the US to study English and further my life’s love of dance and personal fitness. I received my certifications as a Personal Trainer, Nutrition Consultant, and Group Fitness Instructor from the World Fitness Association. I particularly love personal fitness, tennis, bike riding, hiking, rock climbing, swimming, and windsurfing.
If you want a personalised programme that gets results, or need extra motivation, attention & support, I am here for you! No matter what your goal is - weight management, increasing muscle tone, improving your cardiovascular fitness, Pre-and Post –Natal Exercise (I am a mother of a beautiful little girl), or simply to stay in shape, I can help you get the results you want!
- Personal trainer certificate (Future Fit Training)
- IKFF Certified Kettlebell Teacher (International Kettlebell and Fitness Federation).
- Nutritional advisor- Nutrition and weight loss / applied nutrition for sports certificates (FFT).
- Advanced gym instructor Level 3 (FFT).
- Core stability and core strength certified (FFT).
- Circuit training certified (FFT).
- Pre and Post Natal training certified (FFT).
Whether you’re new to exercise or a seasoned athlete, my aim is to help you move, feel and look your best.
I’ve helped people of all fitness levels to reach and maintain their unique fitness goals and I’m ready to do the same for you. Using a holistic approach to fitness, I will address your nutritional and well-being needs alongside finding the right exercise techniques that work best for you, helping you to achieve and maintain maximum results.
Expect to receive support and motivation, helping you to stay focused and remain on target, working hard and having fun along the way. Get fit and then remain fit, take control of your health and well-being.
I can help you to: Get great results using proven fun and dynamic training methods, Burn unwanted body fat, becoming long and lean, Learn how to achieve your ideal weight and then maintain it. Increase your lean muscle mass (with or without adding size), Sports specific strength and conditioning training, Eat, sleep and feel better. Improve your diet and mood, Improve your core strength, posture and flexibility, Strengthen your heart and lungs, increasing your day to day energy and stamina levels.
- BSc (Hons) Sport Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention (GSR)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- SAQ (Speed Agility Quickness) Preliminary Award
- W.A.B.B.A Gym Instructors Cert
Sitting here writing my introduction to the members of The Park Club, it’s mind blowing to think I’ve worked in and around the leisure industry for over 15 years. I’ve always enjoyed sport, so once I finished school, working as a recreational attendant and then progressing to a personal trainer seemed like a good idea, and to be honest I’ve never looked back.
Some years later this foundation knowledge helped fuel my degree studies in the more specialist field of ‘Sports Rehabilitation and Injury Prevention’ (Middlesex University and Towson University, Maryland USA). I then moved into the private health care sector, working alongside physiotherapists designing programmes to help re-educate patients from all walks of life. Sport soon followed, but this time within the professional arena working for Leyton Orient and Chelsea football clubs.
After I’d had enough of rainy pitch-sides, the smell of Deep Heat, angry parents and the long coach journeys to Portsmouth, I decided to talk about my experiences lecturing Sport Science at the South East Essex College and then at my former university in Middlesex.
A few years on I started getting itchy feet again and realised I was missing the practical element of teaching and now I’ve come full circle back to where I started.
So if you need any help or advice just pop over and book in for a training session.
- Level 3 Master Trainer - European Institute of Fitness. School of Excellence for Personal Training, Lilleshall National Sports Centre.
- Registered Exercise Professional – level 3
- Specialist PT Certification: Circuit training, Nutrition & Weight Management, Clinical & Exercise Referral for Special Populations
- British Rowing. Level 2 Rowing Coach
- With 7 years Coaching experience in the UK and NZ, including 17 years athlete experience reaching National Club level.
- Club chairman for Barnes Runners (2011-12)
I have been trained and mentored by some of the best coaches in Britain, so I know what it feels like in order to train and win; but I also know how easy it is to lose direction and the motivation to succeed. Train with me and I will be your guide to a fitter and healthier future. I will listen, empathise and point you in the right direction with focus, enjoyment and inspired motivation. You will feel renewed and energized!
- Sports specific strengthening and Aerobic, Endurance & Stamina Conditioning.
- Kick-start Weight loss & Weight Management programming.
- Nutrition Advice.
- Postural Analysis and Re-balancing.
- TRX training and Core strengthening specialist.
- Training for Rowing and Running.
- Lifestyle Coaching & Management.
“It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves” Sir Edmund Hillary
BELIEVE - BE INSPIRED - ACHIEVE MORE
Call us today to arrange a personal guided tour:
020 8740 4599
Ali Jamal Ahmed