COURT ETIQUETTE AND INDOOR COURT BOOKING PROCEDURE
Terms and conditions for booking indoor tennis courts
As and when members are informed that the indoor courts are available for booking the following terms and conditions will be implemented.
- All members must report to the reception desk on arrival at the Club prior to going onto court to confirm their attendance and use of the court. Failure to do so could result in the booking being recorded as a ‘no-show’ thereby incurring a strike or £20 fee.
- Tennis courts may be booked up to 7 days in advance by calling the bookings desk on 020 8743 4321 or in person.
- Members may book courts at times their membership permits them access to the Club.
- A member may book a maximum of one court per day for a maximum period of 90mins.
- No booking fee will be charged for the tennis courts; however we will run a two strike policy. First ‘no-show’ you will be issued a warning and second "no show" you will incur a fee of £20. You can cancel a court up to two hours before you are due to start.
- The member who has made the booking must be present on court at the time it is booked for play. Court bookings cannot be transferred to other members without being updated on the Club’s booking system.
- If a member does not show up within 15 minutes of the start of the court booking time, the court will be made available for any member to use on a ‘walk-on’ basis in accordance with their terms and conditions of membership access. To book a ‘walk-on’ court a member will report to the main reception or bookings desk and enquire about any courts that are available and if so, the court will be booked in their name.
- All members must respect the indoor and outdoor Tennis Courts Etiquette displayed in and around the courts.
Tennis Court Etiquette
For the safety and enjoyment of all members please observe the following
- Do not walk across courts when play is in progress.
- Return stray balls to neighbouring courts as soon as points are completed.
- Leave the court promptly when reserved time has expired and others a re waiting to play.
- High standards of conduct are expected at all times.
- Appropriate tennis attire, including proper tennis shoes with non-marking soles must be worn. Shirts are required.
- If a reserved court is not occupied 15 minutes after the scheduled starting time, the court will be assigned to waiting players on a first come, first served basis.
- Young children may NOT be courtside while parents play.
- During grass court season courts can be booked 6pm – 9pm weekdays and 10am – 9pm weekends.
- Grass courts must not be used when wet.
- Strictly no ball games other than tennis.
The above terms and conditions will be reviewed from time to time to take in to consideration member feedback, usage trends and are at all times subject to Management’s discretion.
Hear the latest!
Hear the latest tennis, news, tournament & events by signing up to our newsletter.
Discover over 100 classes each week...
Participation in our range of classes is a great way of meeting other members whilst honing your individual skills in a particular activity.
Swim Squad Sessions
Are available throughout the week, coached by our Level 3 triathlon & certified Swim Smooth coach.